We have designed a set of guides!
First off, the Setup Guide how to Laptop Repair and self or Setup Poster helps you get started with setting up your computer.
The Quick Guide introduces you to the basic features and functions of your new computer. For more on how your computer can help you to be more productive, please refer to the User’s Manual. This guide contains detailed information on such subjects as system utilities, data recovery, expansion options and troubleshooting.
There are two ways to download the User’s Manual. You must first be connected to the internet.
- Open Laptop Repair Care Centre from the desktop and select My System > Summary and click User’s Manual to download the User’s Manual.
- Click on the link under Support
The link will open the Laptop Repair Service & Support webpage.
From this page you can download and install the Laptop Repair identification tool that will automatically detect your computer’s serial number and SNID and allow you to copy it to the clipboard.
Scroll down to Drivers and Manuals and search for your model by pasting in or manually entering the serial number, SNID, or product model.
Once you have found your product model, select Documents, and select your language to download the User’s Manual.
Basic care and tips for using your computer
Turning your computer off
To turn the power off, do any of the following:
First things first – 7
- Use the Windows shutdown command: Press the Windows key or select the Windows Start button, select Power > Shut down.
- Right-click the Windows Start button > Shut down or sign out > Shut down.
If you need to power down the computer for a short while, but do not want to completely shut it down, you can put it to Sleep by doing any of the following:
- Press the power button.
- Press the sleep hotkey.
- Press the Windows key or select the Windows Start button, select Power > Sleep.
- Right-click the Windows Start button > Shut down or sign out > Sleep.
Taking care of your computer
Your computer will serve you well if you take care of it.
- Do not expose the computer to direct sunlight.
- Do not place it near sources of heat, such as a radiator.
- Do not expose the computer to temperatures below 0º C (32º F) or above 50º C (122º F).
- Do not subject the computer to magnetic fields.
- Do not expose the computer to rain or moisture.
- Do not spill water or any liquid on the computer.
- Do not subject the computer to heavy shock or vibration.
- Do not expose the computer to dust or dirt.
- Never place objects on top of the computer.
- Do not slam the computer display when you close it.
- Never place the computer on uneven surfaces.
Taking care of your AC adapter
Here are some ways to take care of your AC adapter:
- Do not connect the adapter to any other device.
- Do not step on the power cord or place heavy objects on top of it. Route the power cord and any cables away from where people walk.
- When unplugging the power cord, do not pull on the cord itself but pull on the plug.
- The total ampere ratings of the equipment plugged in should not exceed the ampere rating of the cord if you are using an extension cord.
- Also, the total current rating of all equipment plugged into a single wall outlet should not exceed the fuse rating.
Cleaning and servicing
When cleaning the computer, follow these steps:
1.Turn off the computer.
2.Disconnect the AC adapter.
3.Use a soft, moist cloth.
Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners.
If your computer is dropped or visibly damaged, or does not work normally, please contact your nearest authorized Laptop Repair service centre.
USING THE PRECISION TOUCHPAD
The touchpad controls the arrow (or ‘cursor’) on the screen. As you slide your finger across the touchpad, the cursor will follow this movement.
The Precision Touchpad (PTP) is designed to provide a more uniform, smooth, and accurate touchpad experience.
Many applications support precision touchpad gestures that use one or more fingers; however, some gestures may not be supported by the specific application or program you are using.
Changing touchpad settings
To change the touchpad settings to suit your personal requirements, please do the following.
1.In the icon tray in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, select the Notifications icon to open the Notifications pane.
2.Select All settings.
3.Select Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
4.Now you can adjust the settings to suit your personal needs. You can change the primary button for left- or right-handed use,
turn the touchpad off if you prefer to use a mouse, or set a delay to prevent
the cursor from moving if you accidentally tap the touchpad with your palm while working. Scroll down to see more settings.
If you are having trouble with your computer, and the frequently asked questions
This section describes the recovery tools available on your computer. Laptop Repair provides Laptop Repair Care Centre, which allows you to reset your PC, refresh your PC, or create a factory default backup.
Creating a factory default backup
Backup allows you to back up your operating system quickly and easily, installed apps and data.
1.From Start, select All apps then Laptop Repair. Select Laptop Repair Recovery Management in the list of Laptop Repair apps.
2.Select the Backup tab and click Get Started for Create Factory Default Backup to open the Recovery Drive window.
3.Make sure Backup system files to the recovery drive is selected and click Next.
4.Plug in the USB drive and wait for the PC to detect the USB drive then click Next.